To be responsible to ensure validity and accuracy of all invoices, their appropriate allocation and timely payments.
- To receive on daily basis from receiving department all the invoices and supporting documents along with Daily Receiving report against goods received.
- To pass all invoices received by hand or mail to the respective departments for approval.
- To verify the accuracy of invoice against their purchase order and to verify the account allocation.
- To post invoices in the system and file them in a safe place.
- To get the approval of department heads on all suppliers’ contract invoices and to post them.
- To establish payment proposals and to prepare payment by printing cheques or preparing electronic payment accordingly.
- To prepare payments in foreign currency after verification of invoice.
- To ensure payment of ETISALAT, DEWA and Municipality tax is done accurately and on time.
- To control and check all telephone lines by maintaining a master list and to make sure all personal calls are deducted from staff city ledger and credited to department expenses.
- To follow up on cheques till they are released to the supplier by maintaining a cheque control sheet.
- To make sure all the signed CHEQUES are released to the supplier and payment voucher is filed sequentially for future reference.
- To record cancelled CHEQUES by filing them in one file for audit purpose.
- To prepare advance payments as requested by purchasing department and to keep a control on that by following up on services/goods delivered.
- To answer creditors queries relating to invoices/payments promptly and professionally.
- To reconcile all the suppliers’ accounts while preparing payments in order to have all the accounts updated and file the statement of accounts in creditor’s respective file.
- To control unused bank cheques by logging the cheques’ numbers in logbook maintained at Financial Controller’s office.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules & regulations.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Diploma in accounting of college level
- One-year experience in accounts payable as an assistant accounts payable for a smaller hotel.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume with an ID photo to email@example.com