Assistant Housekeeping Manager
To be responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in managing the Housekeeping Department in order to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness. He/she oversees and directs all cleaning and maintenance operations in the hotel. In the absence of the Executive Housekeeper, he/she is fully responsible for the management of the Housekeeping Department.
- Supervises Housekeeping Department Staff to ensure that guests and customers, whether internal or external, receive prompt and courteous service, and to ensure adherence to hotel standards.
- On a daily basis, assigns duties and special projects to Room Attendants / Public Area Cleaners, follows up on the progress and keep the Executive Housekeeper informed.
- Checks rooms and particularly those assigned to V.I.P., V.V.I.P. and Repeated Guests and coordinates the flower requirements to these guests and other special requests.
- Inspects Floors / Public Areas to ensure that facilities, equipment and amenities are clean and are well maintained.
- Participates in the recruitment of new staff by screening and interviewing applicants.
- Identifies the department training needs, develops the training plan and gets the approval of Executive Housekeeper before the implementation of training.
- Keeps the Housekeeping Staff informed on the daily operational activities and challenges and provides all information relevant to their job duties.
- Anticipates and maintains all equipment and supplies and assures their availability. Controls usage of all amenities and cleaning supplies to ensure compliance to budget and ensures appropriate usage of equipment and tools.
- Handles comments and requests from guests and other departments to meet their satisfaction. Makes recommendations to Executive Housekeeper on improving the services provided by the Housekeeping Department.
- Monitors housekeeping procedures including Lost and Found, Key Control, Security and Emergency procedures and Health and Safety procedures for employees and guests.
- Participates in various housekeeping projects such as general cleaning, which involves scheduling, inspections, records keeping, follow-up, communication with other related departments.
- Assists the Executive Housekeeper in the preparation of the annual manning guide.
- Accomplishes several administrative duties related to the position such as attending meetings, writing reports, maintaining a daily log, etc.
- Knowledge and Skills on Cleaning techniques
- Knowledge on cleaning products, equipment and machine
- Knowledge on housekeeping procedures and standards
- Bachelor degree in Hotel or Tourism studies
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a Housekeeping management position, preferably in a 5 star hotel.
- Good general level of education
- Good Command of English Language
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume with an ID photo to firstname.lastname@example.org