To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach. To assist with the control and ownership for the management of the kitchen department within the overall policies and controls established by the company and hotel General Manager, ensuring that the brand values and standards are delivered and budgeted profitability achieved. To ensure at all times a high standard of cleanliness and practices is maintained, thereby ensuring all statutory legislation is met.
- To implement the consistent delivery of superior customer service through the Customer Service Program
- To ensure that the department creates a professional impression to customers and team members.
- To review and act upon customer feedback relevant to your areas of responsibility.
- This to include customer complaints and compliments.
- Business Awareness:
- To be fully aware of budgeted and actual departmental financial targets. This to include gross profits (food), stock levels and departmental profits.
- To produce and update business forecasts for your department where required.
- To control and monitor payroll costs by allocating labor resources in line with forecasted and actual business levels, through productivity ratios and payroll management.
- To be fully aware of and control departmental operating costs in line with forecasted business levels.
- To be fully aware of and assist with purchasing in department by effective use of S.A.P.
- To assist with ensuring food profit and other related targets for your departments are exceeded.
Specific Job Accountabilities:
- To ensure all stocks are stored and rotated correctly in line with Food Safety requirements, following company policy to meet statutory legislation. This to include recording temperature checks of food commodities.
- To assist in ensuring the profitability of food operations and Gross Profit management. This to include carrying out food stock-takes as required.
- To follow all procedures and processes for food and beverage controls to meet company requirements.
- To cost menus as required.
- To assist with maintaining and improvement of departmental operating standards.
- People Management
- Team management, leadership & team player
- A liking for organizational work
- Effective management: delivering profit center profitability
- Sales ability
- Adaptability: coping with the diversity of customers and their needs
- Sensitivity to customers: good relationship skills
- Spirit of initiative
- Financial awareness
- Bachelor degree in Hotel or Tourism studies
- Significant previous experience (3 years)
- Experience of working in positions of high responsibility in the hotel or food and beverage sectors and managing teams of at least 20 staff
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume with an ID photo to email@example.com