Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, the Executive Housekeeper contributes to guest comfort and ensures the daily cleaning and tidying of all the hotel bedrooms and any public areas. He/she also monitors the financial performance of the Housekeeping department operation and the efficiency of the linen service
- To implement the consistent delivery of superior customer service through the Customer Service Program.
- To ensure that the department creates a professional impression to customers and team members.
- To review and act on Customer Service Reports relevant to your areas of responsibility to achieve positive and consistent results.
- To review and act on customer feedback relevant to your areas of responsibility. This to include customer complaints and compliments.
- To ensure routine maintenance is carried out in your areas of responsibility, reporting any damage and wear and tear, ensuring bedroom faults are rectified promptly.
- To organize and set up on-going deep clean schedules.
- To lead and create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel.
- To ensure effective communication with your team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending all management meetings.
- To carry out quality planned training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business and assist in individual team members personal development.
- To ensure training is recorded and all team members follow the Company Induction Program
- To compile the department Training Plan to meet the hotel business objectives and develop team members.
- To carry out performance reviews for team members every six months, following company guidelines.
- To set clear objectives for departmental team members, linked with the hotel’s Business plan.
- To co-ordinate the recruitment of new departmental team members up to supervisory level, in line with the Company Recruitment Policy.
- To continuously coach and counsel colleagues.
- To review the success of training in meeting objectives.
- To correct unacceptable behaviour and performance in line with the company disciplinary procedures.
Controlling the Environment:
- To ensure the department operates effectively on a day to day basis, ensuring company standards are met and delivered consistently with attention to detail. This to include ensuring shift controls and procedures are adhered to.
- To comply with statutory and company requirements for Health and Safety, Food Safety, Risk Assessment, Licensing Laws, Disability and ensure all employment legislation is strictly adhered to and team members are trained accordingly.
- To review and co-ordinate action on Hygiene Audits in order to enhance the environment and achieve positive consistent results.
- Management: Managing priorities, the ability to listen, stress management, team motivation.
- Ability with figures and ability to manage a cost center
- Sensibility to customers and able to deal face-to-face with guests
- Ability to deliver training at all levels
- Understanding of IT issues in relation to Housekeeping
- Attention to detail: working carefully within the minimum time
- Team working
- The ability to take the initiative
- Good physical resilience
- Organization and thoroughness: preparing bedrooms in the minimum length of time whilst respecting internal hotel procedures
- Discretion: not disturbing guests
- Significant experience as an Executive Housekeeper
- Fluency in English Language is a must
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume with an ID photo to email@example.com