Front Office Manager
- Leads the Front Office Department by developing and implementing departmental objectives in line with the hotel business objectives.
- Directs front office operations such as checking in, checking out and providing guest assistance whilst ensuring compliance with all front office policies, procedures, standards and satisfaction of guests’ needs.
- Develops implements and continually reviews the policies, procedures, practices and standards.
- Selects, trains, develops, schedules and manages the performance of direct and indirect subordinates to ensure the efficient running of front office operations.
- Maximizes hotel revenue by controlling room inventory, group blocking, packages, up selling to Executive Floor Rooms, increasing the late charge policy and double hotel occupancy to maximize REVPAR.
- Maintains high visibility during peak period in order to ensure smooth running of operations, promotes good public relations, takes corrective actions and handles customers’ complaints to ensure their satisfaction.
- Greets VIP guests upon their arrival and escorts them to their room. Establishes good rapport and offers assistance for the length of their stay.
- Coordinates front office duties with various departments such as Executive Office, Housekeeping, Sales and Marketing, Engineering and Security to ensure that all guests are given friendly and caring service from their arrival until their departure according to Palmariva Standards in a safe and secure environment.
- Verifies that all information requested by the local police authorities are prepared accurately and being delivered in a timely manner.
- Approves the training plan for all front office sections and follows up to ensure compliance and efficiency of training activities.
- Prepares the annual budget and manning guide and manages the Front Office Department within budgetary guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of all emergency procedures, hotel promotions, product knowledge, VIP arrivals, upcoming events and brief direct subordinates accordingly so that all front office staff are able to answer guest requests and questions.
- Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meeting, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function.
Hospitality Management Bachelor Degree or equivalent in any related field such as Administration or Tourism Management.
3 to 5 years experience in a front office senior management position, preferably in a five star international hotel
- Knowledge of Up Selling techniques
- Knowledge of maximizing revenues
- Building teamwork
- Developing others
- Motivating others
- Planning/ Organization
- Problem solving & Decision making
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Concern for quality
- Managing performance
- Results oriented
- Teamwork/ Cooperation
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Listening and Oral Skills
- Written skills
- Friendly and caring
- Analytical thinking
- Stress Management
OTHER SKILLS (LANGUAGE, COMPUTERS,…)
- Fluency in local language
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of a third language preferable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Opera
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume with an ID photo to firstname.lastname@example.org